Wow, the nursing school year. I remember the big mystery over who was smuggling mummified cats out of lab, and practicing catheterizing fake people. My favorite word was auscultate.
2) 5 Years Ago?
I crashed into the fabled midlife review crap I used to ridicule others for. Can't wait to find out why old people are saying "60 is the new 40"... Sounds like a very loaded statement. Let's see how gracefully we can hit brick walls every other decade. Heads up to the mid-30's crowd.
3) 1 Year Ago?
Wasted out of my skull on medication just to be able to walk, heartbreaking end to an awesome friendship, discovering the joys of the empty nest, and plunging headlong into youtube fanaticism.
5) Five songs I know by heart but wish I didn’t:
1. My ABC's.
2. Every VBS song ever invented.
3. Raffi, period.
4. Herkimer the Homely Doll.
5. Land of the Lost theme song.
Why do some people disable the embedding? That's so stupid. It's not like they own the rights to it. There are several copies, but that one is by far the clearest and best. BTW, they're working on making a movie out of that show now.
6) Five things I would do with a LOT of money:
1. I took a ziploc bag full of quarters in to a gas station this week and bought gas. That was a LOT of quarters.
2. A few weeks ago I paid for postage on a package in pennies that I brought into a post office in a ziploc bag. That was a LOT of pennies.
3. Get my niece all the equipment and software she needs to make the most awesome youtube ever.
4. Put live webcams up in my chicken houses for my chicken blog.
5. Personally sponsor organ transplants for CF kids.
7) Five things I would never wear:
1. Gigantic diamond studs and a huge gold necklace.
2. A unitard.
3. Sunglasses on my head.
4. Any more piercings. I'll stick with the classic standard one hole in each ear, thanx.
8) Five things I should never have worn:
1. Oh, god, those perms...
2. Scott says he LIKED the big 80's glasses on me.
3. Never wear hosiery when you roll a car.
4. I totally apologize, I didn't realize that t-shirt was ripped right there.
5. Seriously, you DO wind up at the hospital in your worst underwear.
9) Five things I enjoy doing:
1. Sharing shocking facts from my childhood, like being so disgusted that Dad couldn't kill a cat right that I took over so I wouldn't have to see them flop around. The look on people's faces when I get to the part about the lead pipe is priceless.
2. Just as Scott is filling his plate with supper and sitting down to eat, I mention that I 'tried a new'- I don't even have to finish that sentence, he instantly cringes. I tend to experiment. I live for that gut reaction. That was a pun. Ok, bad pun.
3. My aspie self likes to watch or listen to the same thing over and over until I'm spazzed out in la-la land. Thank God and fans for youtube.
4. I find doing laundry extremely cathartic.
5. Pestering Scott constantly, especially when he's wearing the light blue boxers with the penguins on them.
10) Five bad habits:
1) I'm a Jack Bauer junkie. I'm in extreme withdrawal this year. Do you have any idea how many video stores are missing disk one from season 3? I am seriously getting ticked.
2) Taking surveys way too seriously. I'm going to stuff this survey maker into a box and ship him/her to Brazil. Naked.
3) Sometimes I feel like an autonomous robot with linear thinking, always checking subroutines and protocols. I like folding washcloths, for instance. I like making them all line up precisely the same way. I know that it doesn't matter. I even ask myself, "Does it matter?", and I answer myself, "I could make it matter." This part of my aspie brain feels very circular, and everyone finds it annoying because I like to argue. This is my Spock side.
4) Other times I free associate myself clear out of this world to the point where I couldn't even tell you what month it is. When I'm like this I'm a very nonlinear thinker, and very awesomely cool thoughts and ideas come to me that are difficult to verbalize. This part of my aspie brain feels like water that can split apart into drops or fill up spaces or swish around, and everyone finds it very annoying because I'm so scatterbrained. This is my SpongeBob side.
5) I really wish another 24 fan would put some really good vid clips to this song.
Secret Agent Man
11) Five people that must fill this out:
1) The Priceline Negotiator
2. Team Griffin (I think I've mentioned before that my psychologist looks a lot like Tom Vize.)
Kathy Griffin - My Life On The D-List S4E02 part 2/5
3. Uncle Fester
4. Corey Haim (new lingo coming off this guy- 'getting Haimed', basically getting wasted) I actually like Corey Haim, hope he can pull himself back together.
The Two Coreys: "We're a team! YOU don't have a team!"
5. Nick the Caveman